Back to Home | Back to headline

Gov’t urged: Run after Marwan’s 300 students

February 11, 2015

MANILA – Senator Loren Legarda is set to file a resolution to look into the basis of former Special Action Force (SAF) chief police director Getulio Napenas’ statement that Malaysian bomb-maker Zulkifli bin Hir, alias Marwan, was able to train 300 bombers in his more than 10 years in Mindanao.

Legarda, a graduate of the National Defense College, said the information should be verified right away because this has serious implications to the country’s national security.

If the information proves to be true, Legarda said security forces should have a plan to monitor and arrest these trained bombers to prevent them from conducting terrorists acts.

Legarda said Moro fighters, whether they are members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front or the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, should be held accountable for the killing of the 44 SAF commandos.

Those responsible for the bungled operation should also be made accountable, she said.

Among the unanswered questions in the hearing so far are who was the author of the Oplan to get Marwan, the history of the Oplan, Coplan and Intelligence project to get Marwan.

Sen. JV Ejercito, meantime, said he is angered over the viral video on the Internet showing the cold blooded killing of a wounded SAF member being shot twice by an armed rebel.

He said that, in light of what happened to the SAF 44 in Mamasapano, it would be very difficult for Congress to pass the Bangsamoro Basic Law as justice should be served first.

He said the MILF must show their sincerity in wanting peace by surrendering those responsible for the killings.

Source: Abs-cbnnews.com